Monday, November 16, 2009

It's not like riding a bike...to me anyway...

So, as always, when you set out to do something major in your life and others find out about it, they automatically start giving you advice. As well intentioned as they may be, it's difficult to get across to folks that your journey is your journey and that no two people are exactly alike.

Some folks have said, "It should be easy for you to get back in the habit of eating right and working out; you're young".

Others have said, "just find something you like to do and you won't mind working out".

Well, I have reached an epiphany folks... here it comes... I HATE WORKING OUT! I always have, and chances are, I might hate it for a while. I'd much rather lie across my bed and watch The Cosby show on DVD while eating mac n cheese. Thanks. Yes, I used to work out but it's not a simple as it used to be. I've become quite complacent with regards to my weight and health and have learned how to dress to cover things up when I need to and eat just enough, or not eat just enough, to stay about the same weight.

So, for me, it's not going to be an easy transition. It's not like riding a bike; in fact I sucked when I learned how to ride a bike too! LOL! But really, I have accepted the fact that my body and metabolism are not the same as they were when I was 17 or even 21. Hopefully, others will too, but if not it, it doesn't matter anyway. I've gotta do this one on my own. So, thanks for the help and advice in advance but frankly, this one's for me!

~Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment