Friday, November 20, 2009

I'd like to thank my mama

So,anyone who knows me in any way knows I'm obsessed with my family. My Dad is my role model and hero, my brother is the coolest guy I know, and my Mom, well, I still haven't found words to describe her.

See, I was blessed with a mother who was born to be a mother. My Mom is the kinda Mom that made cookies just because, put my lunch in a real box with a thermos, and hugged me when I came home crying because other kids made fun of me. In fact, she even picked me up early a couple times...

My mom did one thing that got on my last nerves growing up: she had a rhyme or a corny poem or saying for EVERYTHING. I don't have room enough to write them all!

Now that I've grown up (sort of) I realize just how wise that woman is and the loving lessons and sage knowledge she shares every time she opens her mouth. One of my favorite sayings she says goes like this:

"If a task is once begun, do not stop until it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all".

So, I'd like to thank my mama. Not just for being my mom, but for being a good woman and sprinkling some of that wisdom on me! As I embark upon this journey to change my body and in turn, my life, I know I face what appears to be an impossible obstacle for me to conquer. However, as Mama says "do it well or not at all". Well, I'm gonna do it Mama ;)

-Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment