Monday, February 25, 2013

My Not So Strange Almost Addiction...

The past week was an especially challenging one for me. I faced challenges and stress at work, at school and in my personal life. I felt drained emotionally, physically and psychologically. Therefore it should serve as no surprise that I had the worst food cravings I've had a while.

This past week also confirmed what I've known for quite some time; I am an emotional eater. I'm not saying that eating keeps me from functioning, but I am comforted by food when I'm stressed or anxious. Though I realize I do not bear this burden alone, as I stated in my previous post, it doesn't matter who else eats when they're stressed. My body and my life are all I can control.

So, for the first time in a long time, I didn't call a friend to get drinks and appetizers in an attempt to put my life in perspective. Instead, I powered through a couple of workouts (not as many as I should've but I moved none the less), and still closely watched my food intake, journaling 4 out of 7 days. The days that I didn't journal, I chose foods that I was familiar with calorie and fatwise so as not to throw my caloric intake into a tailspin and sabotage two weeks of hard work. The result: another pound down, officially having lost 20 lbs since the summer of 2012 and 12 pounds so far this year!

I'm not perfect by any means and I would be lying to myself if I said I'd never pick up a slice of pizza when I'm sad again. It'll just be thin crust, with a salad and diet coke as opposed to wings and a margarita :)

~Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment