Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The missing "I"

The saying goes "there's no I in team". Well, that may be true phonetically speaking, but I beg to differ with the cliche'. In order to participate in a team, you, or "I" must do your part. It takes a group of "I's" doing their part for the entire team to be successful.

There's another cliche' that rings more true from my perspective: A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

To me, the true definition of team work is a group of individuals doing their part to contribute to the success of the group. Therefore, if one person falls off or doesn't complete his or her part of the mission, the team is more than likely going to fail, or at least fail to reach its full potential.

I'm finding that losing weight is much more effective with the support of others. I know this is not new information, however, I'm finding it to be more true than ever before. It's me or "I" who feels bad when I eat something I shouldn't or miss a work-out, but it's those who are on the journey with me that really make me feel that I'm not holding up my link in the chain.

Therefore, "I" have to do my part. So, I'm putting the "I" in team. I refuse to be the one to blame for the team not winning...

~Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment